Human heart is actually one of the most enigmatic and fascinating thing in the world and it still holds many secrets. Without a heart, no being can actually live and that is why it is strongly recommended to keep it in a good condition. Unfortunately, as a result of a bad lifestyle, the heart can become affected and various illnesses will quickly follow. Still, you can prevent this and keep your heart in a good condition.
- Stop smoking. Yes, you have heard this so many times but keep in mind that every single word is completely true! Your heart can become affected in the long run if you don’t quit smoking or at least reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke every day.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits. This is a thing that you hear very often as well and again, it is true because these foods contain antioxidants which kill free radicals. As a result, you will have more energy, your heart will work normally and your life is prolonged.
- Get rid of stress. In some cases, stressed people can develop a particular heart disease as well because they are permanently tensed, worried or upset. By relaxing, happiness hormones called endorphins are released through the body and they are beneficial for the entire organism, including heart. So, stop worrying, do the things you like and live longer!
- Move to a less polluted area. A very crowded city might take its toll on your health too because the air contains a lot of chemicals and pollutants. These bad substances will eventually get into your lungs and then to your heart, causing problems. If you have the possibility, try to move to the country side or take a vacation in a quieter area for a while. Nothing compares to a fresh breath of air which will clean your lungs and revitalize your entire body!
- Take CPR and AED classes. These classes will actually teach you how to react in case of emergency. If a person that suffers from a heart disease has a heart attack or a sudden cardiac arrest, you can actually save his life! An AED or CPR class can be very interesting and useful at the same time.
- Love more! Yes, I know I said 5 tips but this one can actually be the cherry on the cake! If you love your partner and he/she loves you back then you definitely feel very happy! This is beneficial because some say that there is a strong connection between this magnificent feeling and your heart!